Tuesday, November 1, 2011

#surrenderleftlane

Everyone is all about occupying things and places these days, but today I urge you to surrender. Surrender the left lane.

WA state drivers do not understand the purpose of the left lane. Whether you call it the 'passing lane' or the 'fast lane', I bet that 95% of the time you have no business being in the left lane. If someone passes you on the right, you are not going fast. And guess what, you are also not passing anyone.

It's funny to me how people get all stubborn and don't move out of the way when someone pulls up behind them. They stay in the left lane and even slow down just to make some kind of point. Actually, funny is not the right word. Infuriating probably describes it better. And what point are those people making? That they do not understand the purpose of the left lane.

If you hate traffic around here, do your part and surrender the left lane. Only use it to pass someone and then get back over. Slow traffic should always stay and move right. Always.

P.S.: I am not running late, I just don't like driving slowly.

3 comments:

  1. So I'm not the only one that gets frustrated at this? Cool. Especially frustrating in the HOV lanes (the HOV lane is a passing lane, people).

    WA drivers also don't understand that it's NOT ok to slow to a crawl just because a) they need to get over a lane, or b) to let someone on the expressway. Don't get me started... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I could probably write 10 more posts about driving behavior that is frustrating. Glad I am not the only one :)

      Delete
  2. Count me in on this James and @LittleSlav the left lane is not for the slow-mobiles. Between this and people getting on the freeway doing 40 mph drives me nuts. I want to just park my car and get and pull my hair out.

    ReplyDelete