Monday, November 21, 2011

People I Want to Meet

I want to meet:

@bonovox_ because it's Bono. And I love the Irish and Ireland.  And U2 is not just a band. It's a phenomena. Their music moves generations. I spent 6 years working at an Irish Pub in Germany and listened to U2 every day. Never got tired of it. I once saw them play on a roof top in Dublin and went to their concert in Seattle this past June. It was a spiritual experience. That's the only way I know how to describe it. When they played 'Mysterious Ways' I closed my eyes and it felt like being back in Prague 20 years ago when my cousin played that song for me for the first timehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZK5Jn3ZPUQ  My first U2 song. Meeting Bono would be like meeting Superman.

@billgates and @melindagates - because I knew his name before we even owned our first computer in Germany. The thought of trying to meet Bill Gates was the same as trying to meet the President of the United States. Never in a million years would I have ever thought back then that some day I would live in his "neighborhood" (i.e. WA). Bill and Melinda live a life of giving. When I win the lottery or create a billion $ start-up, I want to do the same. I want to spend my life helping others. They are living my dream. Maybe some day I will run into them at the grocery store or something and will be able to express my admiration in person.

@davidhasselhoff because when I was a child he was an important figure in pop culture in Germany and I hope he will sing at my wedding some day. "Looking for freedom" was a song that many in East Germany and in Soviet run countries could relate to. He symbolized the American Dream and freedom for many in Europe (which back then wasn't a curse word like it seems to be now… yes I am looking at you Occupy Wall Street). I went to his concert in Frankfurt when I was about 4 years old, I could "sing along" to all of his songs years before I even spoke English, and I watched Knight Rider and listen to Knight Rider audio tapes in German. I know this is totally weird to most Americans, but he will always be my childhood hero. 

@tferriss - Because he gets what life is all about. The 4 Hour Work Week isn't about being lazy, it's about living out loud and following your dreams and passions. If I could pick anyone to be my mentor, he would be at the top of my list. And maybe he could teach me how to tango, too.

@joelosteen because his smile is infectious and His blessings are written all over Joel's face. Some people say he is fake, some people say he is too positive or fluffy in his messages, and some say that it's all about him and his fame instead of bringing glory to the Lord. I don't agree with any of those statements. Even through the camera you can see that Joel's eyes are filled with faith, love and passion for people. It would be great to be able to say thank you to a man who has dedicated his life to reminding people that God loves us no matter what.

Now let's make this happen :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment